fbpx

PODCAST LINK: Growing Forward Together

Other Platforms:  Blog/Podcast Page

This is Part 2 of our four-part series on “Models of Sustainability”.  My guest will share his approach and involvement in the food industry from a National perspective.  It is a model that is working in California, USA currently and he hopes to take it nationwide in the coming years.

What is food insecurity?  Food insecurity is the state of being without reliable access to enough affordable and nutritious food.  Does that describe you or someone you know?  In the USA alone, 2019 statistics show that although 89.5% of households had food security throughout the year, the remaining 10.5% did not.

Food insecurity was lower in 2019 than in 2018.   Perhaps we are growing in the right direction but, in my opinion, there should not be any food insecurity in a country that has so many resources.  Today’s guest will help us understand why those food resources are not as accessible as they should be, what they are doing about and how you can join in the cause.

2020 has revealed that hardships come in all shapes and sizes and for many people food insecurity was central to their crisis.

 

Please welcome Master Chef and Executive Director of the social enterprise, “EveryTable”, Bryce Fluellen.  He has strategized with Starbucks, the Magic Johnson Enterprise, and the American Heart Association.  He currently resides in a suburb of Los Angeles with his family.  His model invests directly into marginalized entrepreneurs of colour by providing an opportunity with zero upfront capital or net worth.

 

 

Feel free to connect with Bryce through any of the links listed below.

LinkedInBryce Fluellen

Website:  EveryTable

Instagram:  chef_bryce

YouTube:  Commercial

Here’s to Growing Forward Together and being active learners and creative on how we can serve others!

Blessings,

Kinita